When you’re finally ready to meet someone on a first date who you’ve met online, you’ll want to have a great first date idea in mind. First dates can sometimes be a bit difficult to work out since there are many things that you want to take into consideration. Your final choice for a first date idea will depend on how much you want to spend, whether it’s a day time or night time date, and the interests that the two of you share. Since you met online you’ve probably each shared your likes, dislikes, and interests, so narrowing down something to do on your first date should be easy.
You might want to choose an inexpensive date for the first time around so that you can each pay your own way and not feel obligated to pay for a second date. Some good inexpensive date ideas include:
* The movies. Going to the movies is always a good choice since it breaks the ice while allowing both of you to get a feel for the other person. Let your date choose which film you’re going to see. Don’t plan for coffee afterwards; make the decision for coffee or a drink after the movie is over since you don’t want to assume that you’ll want to spend time together after the film has finished.
* A picnic. If this is a day time date consider going on a picnic if the weather permits. Take along a basket of food and wine and enjoy the day just relaxing in the sun as you get to know each other.
* Museum or art gallery: If you know that you both enjoy art or history this is a great first date idea. You can spend a couple of hours doing something that you both enjoy so there will be less tension and stress
If you’re feeling a bit more extravagant there are some expensive dates that you can go on. Keep in mind that you want to be sure that your date is comfortable with these types of dates since they require a bit more planning and consideration:
* Concert: Take your date to a concert. This type of date will need planning ahead of time so that you can make sure that you have the tickets in hand. You’ll also want to make sure that your date is interested in the concert that you’ve chosen.
* Dinner: An expensive dinner is a nice way to celebrate a first date but should be reserved for someone you feel particularly attracted to. Expensive dinners can often send a message to your date that they are worth it but might also convey the feeling that there is another date in the future.
* Theater: Tickets to the theater are perfect if you and your date share the same enthusiasm for the stage.